Friday, January 28, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?

So on my way home from work yesterday I saw a man riding his unicycle in the snow. Really?! The woman beside me turned to me and said, "At first I thought he was riding a regular bike with no hands and I thought that was stupid." We shook our heads in agreement and went our separate New York ways. Who does that? I'm sure he crashed into a heap of snow or drowned in a puddle.

When I was about 2 blocks from home icicles suddenly started crashing down from trees. I thought I was going to die. I put my backpack (Yes, I'm cool and I wear a backpack!) over my head and ran. I have 3 fears about living in NYC: 1) That a tree might fall on me, 2) That an icicle might fall on me, and 3) Black cars...also known as car services. I still fear riding in them alone. It took me months before I would ride in a taxi by myself. This is coming from the girl who was terrified to drive at 16 and never liked to pump her own gas--a story for another day. Maybe I should move to Jersey? I hear they're not allowed to pump their own gas there.

After all of this snow, still no SNOW days off work. It's unfortunate. Word to the wise: Don't underestimate the depth of puddles around here. It's risky!

2 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

bahahaha i think that man is awesome! as is that lady's comment. glad you documented it!!

Cannon and Kassie said...

haha priceless ny moment. and yes the puddles are scary, even with tall rainboots i still worry i will get swallowed up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...