Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm a Good Girl, I am!






My beautiful mother sent me My Fair Lady for my birthday this year. There's a special place in my heart for Eliza Doolittle, or should I say Audrey Hepburn. If she doesn't inspire you to be a lady, I don't know what will. Recently I read a talk about being refined. If you enjoyed The Gospel Vision of the Arts, you will love Your Refined Heavenly Home by Douglas Callister. In the talk it mentions an interview had with Audrey Hepburn about her role in the movie.

"I once had opportunity to visit briefly with Audrey Hepburn, the great actress of days gone by, at the time she was making the movie My Fair Lady. She spoke of the opening scene in the movie in which she depicted a modest, unpolished flower girl. Her face had been besmirched with charcoal to make her seem part of her surroundings. “But,” she said, with a twinkle in her eye, “I was wearing my Chanel perfume. Inside I still knew I was a lady.” It doesn’t take expensive perfume to make a lady, but it does require cleanliness, modesty, self-respect, and pride in one’s appearance."

"Dear daughters of God, you are the crown jewels of all of His creations. There has never been a sunset, symphony, or work of art as lovely as you. May you catch the vision that you are destined to be a refined and regal queen, honored by an uncountable posterity, worlds without end."--Callister

"The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. "--Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady

2 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i love MFL!! i wish i could come watch it with you

Britt said...

I just love you Rachel. I love reading your blog. You are such a sweetheart and always make me smile. Hope all is well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...