Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Prayers for Jared & Josh

My younger brother has a friend who was recently in an accident--a boxing accident. The young man had no clue that his life would change in an instant. At this point it is a miracle that Jared is still here. He has far surpassed the doctors' expectations. He has been in the ICU in Las Vegas since January 31st. My heart aches for his family, for my brother, and especially for Jared. Please keep Jared, his family the Garbetts, and Josh in your prayers. Jared's mom began a blog to record his journey.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for his children. For whatever reason this happened to Jared, Heavenly Father is mindful of him and his family. Reading their blog strengthens my testimony. I often wonder how my family would be handling this if my brother were in Jared's position. I'm grateful for their example and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are so strong! It is because they know the Lord is on their side. They have a deep understanding and knowledge of eternal families.

I know that Heavenly Father is aware of my brother Joshua who is searching for light and truth in his life. I hope that through this experience his heart will be softened and that he may come to a knowledge of the fullness of the gospel. I know that first comes the trial of our faith and then comes the miracle. Love you Josh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...