Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dark Brown Fortune Cookies...?

So, Nate started training this week. Hurray! He's having fun. He looks really cute in his business casual attire. I quite like it. He got his lap top which is pretty sweet. The past couple of nights he has stayed later at work for little socials. Well last night it was for an ice cream social, and tonight he stayed for some murder mystery dinner? Who knows...So since I worked really hard today on finding a job I decided to treat myself to Chinese because I've been craving it since we got here. I found a Chinese restaurant less than three blocks from where we are staying, and I just thought I'd try the first one I saw. It was pleasantly delightful and just what I needed after such a busy day! I woke up to tell Nate goodbye and then got ready for my 2nd interview in NYC. While I was getting ready I got a phone call from a lady who wanted to meet with me about an ad I replied to on Craigslist. I was totally exited for another interview and also very nervous because it meant I had to get myself to another part of the city without Nate! But I did very well! I got to all three of my appointments today without any trouble. I did well to squeeze this one in the middle. I'm on my way to becoming a true New Yorker. (Maybe...) Now I have decisions to make because as I said I had three interviews just today. I was proud of myself for turning my first job offer down. Retail...BLAH! extremely cute baby boutique owned by Pottery Barn, but I wasn't feelin it after the interview. So since all three interviews went really well I'm just waiting to hear from one so that I can make my final decision. Two of the jobs are really similar but the difference is the position that I would have. Assistant Teacher or Co-Director?! And the third is for a babysitting position for two adorable boys named Henry and Jack. I'd spend most of the time with the 6th month old Henry cause Jack would be in Preschool. Well, the point of this blog was to do with fortune cookies--the dark brown fortune cookie that came with my dinner. I'd never seen one like it before! I didn't know if it was burnt or what. It had a slight chocolate flavor, so I checked the back to find out the ingredients. Sure enough, cocoa was in there. I must say I prefer the original fortune cookies. I might have to find another Chinese restaurant after that. J/K! It was great, but the best part was what my fortune said..."Trust your intuition. The Universe is guiding your life." This made me feel better! lots better. Honestly though, Heavenly Father has helped Nate and I through this whole transitional time. One person led to another contact which led to us finding people to stay with in New York. And we were guided and prompted to find our new apartment. And I know that Heavenly Father continues to bless us as I look for work and Nathan spends his time with PWC. I really think we are going to like it here once we get accustomed to the life style, and once we have some money to play with!!! That'll be a plus. Anyway, the "a" key on my lap top is busted and its really bothering me. xoxo

2 comments:

Brady & Kelsey said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I'm so impressed that you made it through NYC without Nate!!! I don't know if I could do that :D

PaulandSteph said...

Sounds like you are having fun. What are the assistant teaching and co-director jobs for? Those sound awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...