Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9

Today as I was running through this...
I kept thinking of this painting by Greg Olsen titled, "Lost and Found."
Needless to say, I constantly think of, worry about, and pray for my my younger brothers Jacob and Joshua, also known as Jaosh and Joake, or Jaker Bake and Bob. Now, whenever I go home I call every name under the sun before I get them right. Nate's name even gets thrown in the mix..."Danny, Jake, Josh, Nate, whoever the heck you are!" I'm very happy to go home next week and give them all big hugs!!

Words of Mormon 1:8 has become a favorite scripture of mine. It reads, "And my prayer to God is concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a delightsome people."

In the same light, 2 Nephi 30:6 reads, "And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a pure and delightsome people."

On day 9 I'm grateful for
Central Park,
(I'm secretly grateful for the hills in Central Park)
the song, "Manhattan from the Sky" by Kate Voegele,
&
surprises.
(Though, I actually dislike surprises because I want to know everything right away, and I want others to know too!)
Heavenly Father is still trying to teach me patience in oh so many ways.

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

So is this your surprise or someone else's ???

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Well, both. I had a surprise, but then I gave it away, as I'm not good at holding it in when it's my own. I'm also in on someone else's surprise which I can't give away :)

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i LOVE kate voegele and that song! and i love that scripture you just shared!! totally my feelings about my brothers too. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME AND PLAY WITH ME!!!

Jake and Jen said...

You are coming home! Yay!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...